Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Non Muslim Praying like Muslim & beliving in God.



Posted by Rehana
Asalamwalaikum brothers and sisters..Recently i posted a question regarding this non-muslim sister asking me if it's alright to pray like a muslim etc and i gave her a answer to it and now she's asking me this which i need help with...

"I am praying because I believe in God and it's good for me. I am praying to God and I am praying for myself, my friends, and others in the world, to do good in school. I pray similar to a Muslim but I had to change the prayer style because I don't know it, so it's a little different. I pray five times a day whenever I can and I do make du'a sometimes and I recite a Christian prayer that I was taught "Our Father." I want to know is it ever ok in Islam to convert to better learn about the faith and be more involved even if your not sure and there is a chance I may convert back to my faith?"

JazakaAllah-khair!
wa alykum as salam,

Believing in on true Almighty God is just the first step....bcz as far as belief is concerned evn kuffars of Makkah believe in Allah but they associate partners to him

Quran 29:61
If you asked them, "Who created the heavens and earth and subjected the sun and the moon?" they would surely say, "Allah." Then how are they deluded?


Quran 31:25
And if you asked them, "Who created the heavens and earth?" they would surely say, "Allah." Say, "[All] praise is [due] to Allah"; but most of them do not know.


Quran 39:38
And if you asked them, "Who created the heavens and the earth?" they would surely say, "Allah." Say, "Then have you considered what you invoke besides Allah? If Allah intended me harm, are they removers of His harm; or if He intended me mercy, are they withholders of His mercy?" Say, "Sufficient
for me is Allah; upon Him [alone] rely the [wise] reliers."



we have to follow the commandments without associating any partners.......... Otherwise belief is meaningless ...Its clearly mentioned in Quran many times "obey Allah obey the messenger".

Quran 4:48.
Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly fabricated a tremendous sin.



We have to pray as per the commandments of Allah..... as prayed by Prophet ..... as he ordered "Pray As u v seen me praying".
any prayer that is not as per the way of Prophet will be rejected..for eg in Fajr prayer there are 2 rakah farz if any one wants to make it better n start reading 4 rakah farz(compulsory)......thats not as per the way of prophet .

Quran 5:92.
And obey Allah and obey the Messenger and beware. And if you turn away – then know that upon Our Messenger is only [the responsibility for] clear notification.



Quote:
I recite a Christian prayer that I was taught "Our Father."
Did Allah taught all these???
NO.
This is the way of unbelievers who believe in triune God(Trinity) ........

Quran 4:171.
O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers And do not say, "Three"(TRINITY); desist – it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs.


and they have declared Jesus (pbuh) as his son(naouzubillah) .......
Quran 19
88. And they say, "The Most Merciful has taken [for Himself] a son."
89. You have done an atrocious thing.
90. The heavens almost rupture therefrom and the earth splits open and the mountains collapse in devastation
91. That they attribute to the Most Merciful a son.
92. And it is not appropriate for the Most Merciful that He should take a son.


This is shirk.........



Quote:
I want to know is it ever ok in Islam to convert to better learn about the faith and be more involved even if your not sure and there is a chance I may convert back to my faith?
If by this she means learning more abt Islam then it is incumbent upon each n every muslim to learn abt his faith n become a better muslim & human being......

"Converting back to sisters faith"
........ Remove Paulinity from bible n read in a proper context its nothing more than Islam..... Accepting Islam doesn't mean accepting new faith it means coming back to ur original faith.

If by this she means accepting prayers n rituals of other faiths......then its not permissible..Our religion is complete..
Quran 5:3 This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion.

We v to accept things n follow as Allah want us to(not as per our own desires n convenience).......Enter into Islam completely not in parts...

Quran 2:208
O you who have believed, enter into Islam completely [and perfectly] and do not follow the footsteps of Satan. Indeed, he is to you a clear enemy.

Quran 2:85
So do you believe in part of the Scripture and disbelieve in part?






There were some people who were trying to be better...by over burdening them n deviating from sunnah.....Prophet stopped them....

Sahih Bukhari Vol 7 Book 62
7:1 Narrated Anas bin Malik: A group of three men came to the houses of the wives of the Prophet asking how the Prophet worshipped (Allah), and when they were informed about that, they considered their worship insufficient and said, "Where are we from the Prophet as his past and future sins have been forgiven." Then one of them said, "I will offer the prayer throughout the night forever." The other said, "I will fast throughout the year and will not break my fast." The third said, "I will keep away from the women and will not marry forever." Allah's Apostle came to them and said, "Are you the same people who said so−and−so? By Allah, I am more submissive to Allah and more afraid of Him than you; yet I fast and break my fast, I do sleep and I also marry women. So he who does not follow my tradition in religion, is not from me (not one of my followers).



Sister is coming near to Islam step by step........She has taken the first step and we pray to Allah to open her heart n make things easy for her.


Aameen

Quran 2:142
"He guides whom He wills to a straight path."



wa salam

Regards
Mohammed Tariq Ansari


No comments:

Post a Comment