Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Revival of Learning Deen...

The Revival of Learning Deen...

by Nisaar Y. Nadiadwala on Thursday, December 1, 2011 at 11:37pm



  For the next fornight I will be participating in Shaikh Asimul Hakeem's workshop on Fiqh. A workshop is different from a plain talk. You can interact and put forth questionns in a workshop. This workshop will record atleast 100 episodes on Fiqh , to be aired on Peace TV later.  I love attending workshops though I myself conduct quite a number of it. Among the most memorable workshop I condcuted was " Marriage Preparatory course " for young men. I liked Shaikh Salem al Amry's Workshop too. Now it is Asim al Hakeem. Both the scholars are seniors and speak a common man's language which make their sessions very lively. When ever I attend sessions of scholars I feel as if I am sitting on their lap and learning from them.

   When I met Asim al Hakeem last week he squeezed me with his Rambo like arms and  shouted affectionately " Nisaar Bhai where are you? I was loooking for you, every where" One of my friend commented, "Shaikh !you should have looked for him on the face Book..." The new crops of scholars are really wonderful in nature, they dont blow any   air of stardom. they are friendly. That is how a good teacher should be. While we were having a cup of tea, Asim al Hakim asked me, " How many wives do you have ?" I was little bashful but he continued, " I have two wives and thirteen daughters !" After I knew that he has  13 daughters, my resepct for Asimul Hakeem went higher and higher.

   During every workshop I get to learn some wonderful things that I  did not know previoiusly. This makes me richer in knowledge. Let me share with you a few things that I have learnt in past two days. A beautiful Hadith regarding tahajjud. When a person wakes up for Tahajjud and recites the Qur'an angels come close to his mouth to catch up the Qur'anic words he is reciting...Shaikh Albani said the Hadith is Sahih. The Shaikh gave us a lesson in fiqh after narrating the hadith, " That is why when ever you wake up for tahajjud you must never miss using miswak...dont just rush to wudho and stand up in Qiyaam...

   Shaikh Asim al Hakeem and shaikh salem al Amry speak American shaded English but both have been educated in Arab. It is a great pleasure to hear the Arabs speaking chaste English. When I was in Oman i heard some of the Arab students posing questions to Dr Zakir Naik and they spoke very good English. Their accent was great and their diction too was awesomme. Consider this : More and more Muslims in America are learning Arabic and more  and more Arabs are getting used to fantastic English. This narrows the gap between Arabs and Non Arabs.

   I am looking forward to learn more fiqh from the workshop as it will be useful for me when I handle question and answer sessions as well. When ever scholars of early times like Imam Bukhari, Ibn Taymiya, visited a city people flocked in thousands to listen hadith and learn fiqh from them. This trend is rising and it is a glad news, because on one hand we have the pain of loosing our lands, our natural wealth, our lives in large numbers and on the other hand we are getting into our days when learning  deen was the prime focus of our community. Dr Bilal Philips' Islamic Online University has thousands of students across the world.  Th al Maghrib speakes and scholars are in demand . Nauman ali khan's al Bayyana is growing faster. This is the real spring in the Muslim nations .It is the knowledge of religion that will help us in solving our problems and subhanallah we have begun it..

Author : Nisaar Nadiadwala writes and speaks on Islam and Muslims. He can be reached at nisaar_yusuf@yahoo.com

Taken From

No comments:

Post a Comment